|Evolving Kundalini, began as a Facebook Group to provide community support for demoralized yogis in the wake of the YB revelations. It has also become obvious that we need to course-correct Kundalini Yoga. EK is now formalizing. As part of that initiative, we have developed a Qualification process because to honor this sacred science it’s incumbent on all of us to be trained well. That includes being very clear about definitions and accuracy around all things Kundalini. We’re all on an accelerated learning path together so that Kundalini Yoga can be preserved and expanded for future generations. Write down your answers and check below for your results.
1. According to the traditional teachings that inform K. Yoga, which of these is not an accurate translation of Sat Nam? a) There is no “I.” Divine Resonance subsumes me. b) Truth is God’s Name. c) My truth is to go with the flow. d) True is the Imperishable Word
2. Which of these is not a translation of kriya? a) A purification practice, as described, for instance, in the Hatha Yoga Pradipka.b) A sacred initiation of the Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism.c) The spontaneous arising of the right action at the right time in fulfillment of Divine purpose. d) A holographic arc of intention.
3. Which of these Teachers is not on the main trunk of the Kundalini Yoga lineage tree? a) Guru Goraknath b) Patanjali c) Guru Hargobind d) Sathya Sai Baba
4.Which of these techniques is described in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, the Holy Book of the Sikhs? a) Sarbhang Dhande Kriya
b) Bound Lotus Kriya c) Subagh Kriya d) So Darshan Chakra Kriya
4. Which of these is not a name for Breath of Fire? a) Bhastrika b Skull Shining Breath (Kapalabhati) c) Maha Agni Pranayam d) Teevre Gati
5. In Archer Pose which of these reflects the correct position of the hips? a) Warrior 1 b) Warrior 2 c) Down Dog d) Varyus Kriya
6.Shabd Kriya is not typically practiced for: a) Insomnia 2) Constipation 3) Jet Lag 4) Calming the Nervous System
7 .Which of these is not practiced in Kundalini Yoga? a) Head Stand b) Shoulderstand c) Camel Pose d) Maha Mudra
8.Which of these is not a name for the Wahay Guru Mantra? a) Trikuti Mantra b) Guru Mantra c) Mantra of the mind d) Maha Anand Mantra
9. Which of these is not a correct alignment prompt for Stretch Pose? a) Press your chin into your collarbone b) Press your lower back ribs into the floor c) Lengthen your tailbone d) Lengthen through the crown of your head and draw your ribs down as you raise your upper body.
10. Which of these is not one of the Ten Bodies of Light? a) The Arc Line b) Neutral Mindc. c) Body of Bliss. d) Magnetic Field
1.According to the traditional teachings that inform K. Yoga, which of these can be said to be a translation of Sat Nam? c) My truth is to go with the flow. As long as there is a conception of “me” or “I” we are on a path of relativism. Sat Nam recognizes the dichotomy between potentiality and potency but the truth of Sat Nam can never be negated (is non-dual).
2.Which of these is not a translation of kriya? b) A sacred initiation of the Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism. Nevertheless, there is more of a resonance between Kundalini Yoga and Tibetan Yoga, and Tibetan Buddhism than most people realize.
3. Which of these Teachers is not on the main trunk of the Kundalini Yoga lineage tree? d) Sathya Sai Baba
4.Which of these techniques is described in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, the Holy Book of the Sikhs?d) So Darshan Chakra KriyaSo Darshan Chakra Kriya is described in a poem by the poet Jai Dev.
5. Which is these is not a name for Breath of Fire?b) Skull Shining Breath (Kapalabhati)Kapalabhati accentuates the apana vayu for the elimination of toxins. It consists of quick inhales/exhales with an emphasis on the exhale. It’s only meant to be done a few times. Breath of Fire is an even, rhythmic breath. When practiced properly it is sustainable over long periods.
6.In Archer Pose which of these reflects the correct position of the hips? b) Warrior 2Some people would say that Warrior 1 is the correct answer but we prefer having the hips and heels on the same plane.
6.Shabd Kriya is not typically practiced for: 2) ConstipationOne could say that Shabd Kriya (Hands in lap, inhale in 4 strokes, hold for 16 counts, exhale in 2 counts, using SaTaNaMa and Wahay Guru mentally) has a soothing effect on the enteric nervous system, associated with the intestinal tract, but, on the surface at least, this would be a less direct benefit than the other choices.
7. Which of these is not taught in Kundalini Yoga?a ) Head StandIn Kundalini Yoga we feel that Head Stand may not offer enough neck support for beginners and that it potentially allows blood to flood the brain too quickly. In our opinion the opinion of many, Shoulder Stand provides similar benefits in a more safe way.
8.Which of these is not a name for the Wahay Guru Mantra? d) Maha Anand Mantra
9.Which of these is not a correct alignment prompt for Stretch Pose? a) Press your chin into your collarbone.We want to lengthen through the crown and draw our ribs down and in as we roll our upper body up.
10 .Which of these is not one of the Ten Bodies of Light? c. Body of BlissThe Body of Bliss or Anandamaya Kosha is part of the five-body model called the Koshas which is like the Ten Bodies but not as developed. If you got 9-10 right you are a Kundalini Cognoscenti!If you got 6-8 right you are a smart cookie. If you got 4-5 right you barely avoided summer school.If you got 0-3 right it’s time to hit the books!